or Oil-Free Compressors
Various makes of Non- Lubricated Compressors utilise Piston/Bearing rings and Gland Packings in their mechanics, made from self-lubricating materials such as carbon. Various grades of carbon are available to suit individual applications and great care in selecting the right grade of material is taken. Morgan Industrial Carbon can also supply Oil Scraper Rings (Wiper Rings) in bronze, white metal materials as requested for the sealing of oil from the compressor crankcase area.
Area of service for non-lubricated compressors include:
- Oxygen plants where oil use would present a fire and explosion hazard.
- Instrument air compressors to prevent oil from clogging air operated control systems
- Process air for food industries to avoid oil contamination of food
- Breweries for the compression of CO2 and process air
- Petroleum refining and processing industries for handling of gases and non-lubricating fluids
- Chemical industries to prevent oil contamination of end products
- Medical oxygen for hospital use.